About the Trust
Purpose of the Trust
The South Link Education Trust was established in 2003 to assist General Practices within the South Island for the purposes of:
- Supporting community-based health care initiatives where secondary care services are being devolved to a community level.
- Supporting education regarding disease prevention and promoting efficiency and effectiveness of community-based health service providers and their communities.
- Furthering the education and training of general medical practitioners in the South Island.
- Furthering the development of comprehensive and integrated primary care services for those communities.
- Education of health administrators, legislators and others responsible for making decisions regarding primary health care that impact on those communities.
- Promotion of education about primary health care and primary health care providers generally.
- Assisting movements, groups, charitable trusts and other organisations which exist to promote or are endeavouring to promote any of the above purposes.
Board of Trustees
The Trust is administered by a Board of Trustees. Each member of the Board shall hold office for a term of five years.
The current members of the Board are:
Prof Murray Tilyard(Chair)
Dr Dean Millar-Coote
Mr David Lewis
Board Meeting Schedule
The Board of Trustees meets quarterly with meetings scheduled in:
If you wish to submit a request for funding to the Trust then please download the Request for Funding Application Form and send to Dianne Railton, the Trust’s Secretary.
If you have any queries please contact Dianne Railton by phone: 03 477 2628 or via the Contact Us page on this website.